In psychology, meaning of maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in appropriate manner.
Although some people think that being serious all time is maturity.
As per definition it is the ability to respond in appropriate manner to different circumstances. It implies that being jolly and happy when everything is fine and going good in life.
However, at such situation when people are being jolly others call such people immature.
Also the most important thing maturity does not come with age.
Sometimes 18 years old can react better then person who is 50 years old. We need to understand that maturity is subjective term.
Let us list out a few acts that truly maturity
- Maturity is “when you stop living in your dreams” and instead, “start living your dream.”
- Maturity is when you talk politely, firmly and with respect not only to others but also to your own self.
- Maturity is when you stop putting your ego as reaction to your parents or elders or anyone else wise suggestions and listen.
It is rightly said that “No love is more than mom’s love and no care is greater than dad’s care”.
- Maturity is when you start listening to your friends, family, relatives and parents. Be it busy day in office or your hectic schedule in work maturity is you listen to them without arguing, yet doing what you feel is right.
- Maturity is when you hang on. Hang on with your partners, parents or friends in worst times.
- Maturity is when you start searching what is purpose of your life and start living it.
- Maturity is realizing that being alone is not always bad thing.
- Maturity is when you give importance to knowledge and don’t give dam to any shortcuts to clear tough times. Maturity is when you understand and make others understand the same that are no shortcuts to success.
- Maturity is when you keep people happy around you in difficult times.
- Maturity is when you stop being judgmental to anyone because you don’t know what battles they fight.
- Most important thing maturity does not come with age it do come with damage we take and experience we get, more and more knowledge we get of something.
So all in all maturity is saying thanks and sorry to those who deserves them.
Soaking in every moment of life, be it sorrow or joy, rather than being serious all time.
Maturity is thinking before reacting to any situation.
Maturity is a process and not an end to knowing and being our true selves and understanding this is where the journey of becoming a truly mature person lies.
-Co-written by Prerna & Takshil
Let us know your views, suggestions and opinions in the comments below.
if you like our articles and stories